Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Muffin Wednesday: Old-Fashioned Blueberry

Stephanie flipped through the book and chose Old-Fashioned Blueberry Muffins for this week's treat.
Everyone was hard at work in CE2, so I whipped these up by myself today.
I snapped pictures fast as it was starting to sprinkle.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease muffin tin.

2 eggs
1 1/4 c milk
1/2 c melted butter
1 t lemon zest
1 1/2 c flour
1 c whole-wheat flour (I used all regular flour because we're not quite that fancy in the CE2 kitchen)
1/2 c sugar
1 T baking powder
1/2 t salt
1 1/2 c fresh or frozen blueberries

1. Whisk together eggs, milk, butter and lemon zest.

2. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Make a well in the center and add egg mixture. Stir just until combined. Fold in blueberries.

3. Spoon batter into prepared muffin tin, dividing evenly. Bake for 15-20 minutes.

~~~~~~~~~~~

This one was pretty good - much better than last week's chocolate chip muffins. It was easy and really tasty!

I did not use whole wheat flour because we don't stock that in the CE2 kitchen. And the instructions left out the blueberries, so I just folded them in at the end. I doubled the recipe and easily made 36 muffins.

Everyone liked this one a lot - a keeper :)

No comments:

Post a Comment