Monday, December 13, 2010

Weekend project

We'd replaced all the appliances in our 1982 house except the range. It was a drop-in, which are way more expensive than they need to be, and it worked fairly well. Sure, the oven temperature was very erratic, but I'm practically a pro baker, so I adjusted. But then the front burner started acting up. And then another burner. Soon, I was cursing just trying to boil water!

Armed with some dedicated Christmas money from my parents (from last year), we finally picked out a Frigidaire slide-in range from Standard TV & Appliance and waited several weeks for delivery. It came on Saturday, and Brad went to work converting the drop-in space into a slide-in space. Standard dimensions were smaller back then, so he had to enlarge the hole, too. And the wiring is different, so he also changed that!

My kitchen cabinets and floor are NOT yellow like these photos would suggest. Ew.
YAY!!!!!!! My wonderful husband did all of this in just one night - and it looks terrific!

Now I just need to test out that oven :)

1 comment: