Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Banking sub-9!

OK... so I guess I'm speeding up. I decided to combine my need for a run today with my need to deposit a check at the credit union about 1.5 miles away.

I suited up, put my check in my pocket and headed out the door. It was about 45 degrees and dry but fairly windy.
I didn't plan to break any land-speed records, but I DID! (for me, at least) The area around my house is really hilly, and the route to On Point requires crossing a steep freeway overpass. Still, I made it 1.31 miles there in a 8:45/mile. Then I ran 1.22 miles home in 8:27!

I just finished my post-workout chocolate milk (heated for the winter!) and now I must hit the shower.

:)

1 comment:

  1. Your heated chocolate milk reminds me of my grandmother (though not that you are her). She's always offer hot chocolate and then ask if I wanted it hot or cold.

    ReplyDelete