Saturday, December 11, 2010

Homemade peanut butter cups

Reese's Peanut Butter Cups may be my favorite treat... the peanut butter and chocolate combination are perfect for my salty/sweet cravings. I found this recipe on Eat, Live, Run and had to try them out. YUMMY!!!
2 T brown sugar
1 1/3 c powdered sugar
1/4 c butter, softened
3/4 c creamy peanut butter
1 c milk chocolate chips
1 c semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 T butter

Stir the brown sugar, powdered sugar, butter and peanut butter until smooth. Press into the bottom of a 9x13 pan.

Melt the chocolate with the tablespoon of butter over very low heat, stirring often. Pour melted chocolate over the peanut butter crust and place in the refrigerator to harden.

~~~~~~
The recipe said to cut into squares when chilled, but I found that my chocolate was breaking. So I left it on the counter a little while to soften a bit. But then the peanut butter part was sticking to the pan. So I cut the bars and then put it back in the fridge to re-harden the PB.

It was a kind of a pain, but I got it done in the end. And, boy, were those tasty! I will definitely add this to my must-make goody list :)

1 comment:

  1. I just made these...can't wait to introduce chocolate peanut butter deliciousness to Honduras...yum, yum! Thanks so much for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete