Thursday, July 26, 2012

Nos. 21, 22 AND 23

I am on a roll!

Being on cross-country flights last week meant lots of time for reading!

Flatland, by Edwin A. Abbot, was the next book in my quest to read through the THS fiction section in order. 
Definitely NOT my style - it was written in the 1800s and is about a world in which everything is only two dimensional. I had to concentrate hard to follow it, but I got through it. Fortunately, it was just 100 pages!

Next was Does my Head Look Big in This?, by Randa Abdel-Fattah:
This one is a young-reader story about a high school girl dealing with being Muslim in Australia. It was a very interesting look into Muslim customs and culture. I enjoyed it very much - and it was a good way to pass the time on a long flight.

Then I stepped away from the THS fiction section to read Positively False, the autobiography of Tour de France winner Floyd Landis:
Loved this one!

I love bike racing and enjoyed learning some of the inside stuff. His story is fascinating, and his (apparent) false accusation of doping is maddening. I read this one in just two days - a very quick read.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment