Saturday, July 7, 2012

Workin' out with Mom

Brad asked if I would run a shuttle for him this morning so he could run the entire Leif Erikson in Forest Park. Sure! 

And how about while he runs 12 miles, I'll run 7 on the Waterfront/Eastbank Esplanade... with Mom?
I did 2+ loops, feeling strong! Mom walked 1+ loops, and we finished just about the same time.
We got out early enough that it wasn't super hot, and the east side was still in the shade. Nice!

I finished 7 miles, including two short water stops, in 1:07 - a 9:40 average:
I loved that there was a Benson Bubbler at the end of each 2.75-mile loop (and in the shade!).

A good, solid long run as I ramp back up for my next half marathon in September :)

PS - Brad did great on his run (prepping for October's Portland Marathon!), though his trick knee caused him some pain and stress. He's icing now.

No comments:

Post a Comment