Sunday, July 1, 2012

No. 19

Continuing my quest to read all the THS library books starting at the beginning of the alphabet...

I've finished The Monkey Wrench Gang by Edward Abbey. And I found my favorite quote ever!

"One man alone can be pretty dumb sometimes, but for real bona fide stupidity there ain't nothing can beat teamwork," Seldom Seen Smith said.

I read that line just after finishing our Solstice Stupidity adventure of 2012. It could not have been more perfect.

Several people saw me reading the 1975 novel (which I had not heard of) and commented on how it was one of their favorites.

I liked the story and really enjoyed Abbey's writing style, which was very different. But while I appreciate the point of the characters' antics, I had a hard time cheering on eco-terrorism. Still, I would recommend the read.

Now I'm on to Abbey's followup, Hayduke Lives :)

No comments:

Post a Comment