Thursday, October 17, 2013

Oh, the pressure!

I have a really studly co-worker/friend who leads a staff spin class after work. She's a coach and PE teacher (the kind who works out with her class). And she works at a gym. And she routinely does more than one workout a day.

We've talked many times over the past few years about how we need to run together (though she's much faster than me). Yesterday, that finally became a reality, and I was so nervous thinking about our after-work run! :)

Connie and I met up right after school and ran her 3-mile loop around THS.
 
Surprisingly, I had a great run, chatting away the miles at a much faster pace than I was planning.

We ended in Cook Park and walked up the big hill to cool down. 3.01 miles in all. I clocked an 8:43 average, but I didn't stop my watch at the first stoplight. Connie had us more in the 8:30 range, I think.
It was so fun to have someone to run with after work. Hopefully we can do it again soon :)

Thanks for always motivating me to do my best, Connie!!

No comments:

Post a Comment