Thursday, November 21, 2013

Snowy Sunriver adventure

We spent a lovely, relaxing weekend in Sunriver with Brad's folks.

I started Saturday with a run to the river. I thought it would be about 3 miles. Oops - ended up being 5+, and I never even made it to the footbridge. Sunriver trails are SO confusing. I get lost every time :)

A dusting of snow made it extra beautiful.
Brad was out running too, and we finished about the same time.
After showers and some waffles (thanks, Steve and Donna!), we were off to the Holiday Food and Gift Festival in Sisters!
Then a picnic in the car:
Sunday, we visited nearby Lava Cast Forest:
It was just enough higher to give us some snow and cold wind.
We walked the 1-mile loop and checked out the holes in the lava left by trees. Very cool!
The snow was brief, but I loved it!
Thanks for sharing your home with us, Kari and Vicki! We had a great time on our annual trek to Central Oregon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment