Friday, January 2, 2015

Graduation - for real this time

Remember that time in October I went to physical therapy and then graduated on my second appointment? Well, not so fast.

I felt great, but then I didn't. When I returned for my just-in-case followup appointment, I felt back to square one. So I went to work on my prescribed exercises and weekly appointments, all while keeping a detailed journal of all my activity, PT and symptoms. It was hard work!

Weeks and weeks later, I am finally pain free and all clear! I went in on Dec. 23, and Dr. Laura ran me through a bunch of tests... then she gave me this water bottle and told me I was done!
I still have to keep up my stretches and strength exercises. But I have been running pain free for several weeks now. YIPPEE!!! (My original injury was in early February)

It was very strange. I felt like I was making zero progress... then, all of the sudden, I was getting better.

I've been slowly increasing my mileage, and last Saturday I ran 10 miles! It was amazing :)

If you're looking for a physical therapist, I'd recommend Laura and the other doctors at Therapeutic Associates in Sherwood!

No comments:

Post a Comment