Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Full weekend and a farewell to Back Porch Revival

I had a bunch of fun this weekend!


Saturday morning was the annual THS Band craft fair, where I bought a couple gifts and some yummy candies for myself.

After some work at home, Brad, Dad, Lindsey and I hit the trails at Tryon for an hour of foggy, sweaty fun. It was a beautiful, drippy afternoon. Loved it!
Sunday was a 5:30 a.m. wake-up call for handbells at Newberg Friends.

After a nap and more house work (the bathroom remodel is ALMOST DONE!), I went with Mom and Eryn to the farewell concert for Back Porch Revival

Gene Greer was the first producer I ever worked for in the TV news biz. He sent me home crying the first day but ended up being my mentor and a long-time friend. I've seen his band play many times, and when I heard they are taking a break, I couldn't miss their final concert.
Since we were at Mississippi Pizza, we had to partake!
Front man, Gene:
The band played a solid 2-hour set, playing originals and standards. It was a great show - so glad we could be there!
BPR - you'll sure be missed!!

No comments:

Post a Comment