Friday, February 1, 2008

Mount St. Helens, here we come!

I have just purchased 11 permits to climb Mount St. Helens on Sept. 6. The limited permit sales opened just this morning, and I was ready with my list and credit card! (Some people think I'm CRAZY for planning things so far in advance, but I took a peek at the June dates and the weekends are already booked!)
(last year's view from the crater rim of the dome building inside)

This will be my fourth trip up the decapitated volcano, each time with a different group of cool people. The 2008 team includes: Liz, Brad, Steve, Tim, Christine, Jakob, Kendra, Michael, Wes, Gregg and Gregg's mystery guest.
(last year's giant group)

Anyone who wants to join the fun is welcome to get permits on their own and come along!

Click HERE to read about climbing MSH. I can't wait to hit the trails and start training - YAY!

-Liz :)

3 comments:

  1. I wasn't trying to be mysterious. :) We just couldn't decide on the combination. Talli sort of wants to go, but isn't sure. Elaine wants to go. I want to go. So, it could be me and Elaine, or it could be Elaine and Talli or maybe me and Talli.

    We're looking forward to it! I'm glad you plan ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gregg - we figured it was exactly that. I'm sure Talli could do it, but hiking for ~10 hours isn't much fun if you're not into it. We'll welcome any combination of the Koskela fam! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is Lone Fir Resort in Cougar we look forward to checking you in for the climb and we hope you have a good time thare is lots of snow this year. The Mt. has 200% of normal.

    ReplyDelete