Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Cheesy yummy

I love fondue! Cheese is my favorite food group, and when you melt some and dip stuff in it, I'm just about in Heaven. So when our friends started discussing a fondue party, I got VERY excited!

Someone decided it should be a formal affair, so on Jan. 26, we all put on our nicest duds (leftover bridesmaid dresses and cruise wear) and gathered at Aaron and Irene's new house for the Fondue Formal.

The first course included several cheesy options and a tomato sauce - and tons of bread, veggie and meat dippers. My fav was an excellent garlic cream cheese sauce. Then came the desserts! There was a rum sauce, a butterscotch, a chocolate and a peanut butter. Brownie bites dipped in Eryn's peanut butter sauce were AWESOME! It was so good that she made it again for my Super Bowl party.

I was too busy stuffing my face to take pictures, but other folks were kind enough to share. Everyone looked fabulous, and we had a wonderful time! I think it should be a new New Year's tradition.

-Liz :)

2 comments:

  1. And we're still finding Twinkies in unexpected locations. A party that keeps on giving...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can thank Brad for all that fun! Thanks for hosting such a great dinner :)

    ReplyDelete