Tuesday, January 21, 2014

No. 7 & 8

Sue loaned me Half Broke Horses, a true-life novel by Jeannette Walls, author of The Glass Castle. And I loved it.
The Glass Castle is Walls's autobiography. Half Broke Horses is her grandmother's story, written in first person. I love Walls's writing style - almost a compilation of short stories. And I found the peek into ranch life fascinating. Read this one!

After finishing No. 7 this weekend, I immediately dove into No. 8, Images of America: Newberg by Tom Fuller and Christy Van Heukelem.
Mom and Dad gave us this book for Christmas. It's a history of Newberg, the town in which Brad grew up, where we both went to college and now where we attend church. Many of our closest friends live in Newberg. Mom also lived in Newberg during her high school and early college years.

I enjoyed learning new things about Newberg, George Fox University and the Quaker settlers, and the pictures are great. Any of my Newberg peeps want to read it next?

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment