Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Let the training begin

My first sweaty outing yesterday was a post-work pedal to Winco for groceries. I filled that bike trailer with everything we need for the week, including a 20-pound bag of cat litter and some hot soup from the deli. I put it in a plastic bag, and nothing leaked!
Then I did my first post-Hood to Coast run. 

I needed to return the borrowed van (Thanks a million, Oregon Crusaders!) to a Tualatin parking lot about 3.5 miles from home - the perfect distance for an easy run through the park.
I had to wear my new Hood to Coast 2015 shirt. In the park, I passed a woman wearing her HTC shirt, and we shared a brief moment of congratulations and mutual respect.
I am now officially training for the Portland Holiday Half. I decided this year that cold-weather races are where it's at for me. No more goal races in the summer - I just can't handle the heat. So I'm looking forward to December's Holiday Half and January's Cascade Half Marathon.

Let the hard work begin! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment