Friday, October 2, 2015

Early tempo

My run started way before dawn today. It's homecoming, and that means working all day, then the parade, then the football game. No time for my run, except very early this morning.

My alarm blared at 4:30 a.m., and I managed to get up after just one hit of the snooze button. Not wanting the neighbors to see me running in front of my glowing Flash Point on Netflix while it was still dark out, I opened the garage doors just a bit for fresh, cool air.

It finally started to get light, and I opened the doors all the way.

Today's workout was 10 minutes easy, followed by 1 mile at tempo, 1 minute rest, 1 mile at tempo, 1 minute rest, 1 kilometer at tempo, 1 minute rest, 1 kilometer at tempo and then 10 minutes easy.

When I finished, this view greeted me out the garage door:
I sure wish my treadmill was on the other side of the garage so I could have watched that happen while running.

I showered and gathered all my homecoming gear, and then this was the view on my way out the door:
As always, the photos don't do it justice. But, it was gorgeous!

Happy Friday!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment