Saturday, January 15, 2011

Banana bread

3 c flour (I used 2 c all-purpose and 1 c whole wheat)
3 t baking powder
1/2 t baking soda
cinnamon to taste (I use just a dash)
2 eggs
mashed bananas (whatever you have on hand)
1 1/2 c sugar
1/2 c vegetable oil
chocolate chips
dried cranberries

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Use and electric mixer to combine everything in a large bowl. Pour into two prepared loaf pans. Bake for 45 - 55 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. For nice, clean slices, cool before cutting. (Modified from Better Homes and Gardens)

This is my go-to banana bread recipe, perfect for those blackened fruits dying on my counter. For this one, I threw in some whole wheat flour and some chocolate chips and dried cranberries. It's equally yummy without the extras or with nuts or other combination.

Enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment