Tuesday, January 4, 2011

No-TV Tuesday

OK... so I started a new thing. I know it seems like a cliched New Year's resolution, but it's really not. I just need things to have labels and organization and plans. I need to have something named that I can work on. I have these ideas all the time - this one just happened to come around New Years. So for now I'm going to try No-TV Tuesdays. I like the challenge of having something to focus on - a little goal for myself. Instead of spending my Tuesday evenings channel surfing (there's no good TV on Tuesdays anyway!), I plan to do other things... maybe a puzzle... or read a book... or work on a project... or play in the garden... or try a new recipe. The possibilities are endless. And I will blog about it. That way I can't cheat. I must do something. Tonight I went to dinner with my bestie, Kendra. She had a burrito and I had fish tacos at Manzanillo in Sherwood. I totally forgot to take a picture until my leftovers were already boxed up: I asked for whole beans, and I'm pretty sure the menu said they come on flour tortillas (which is definitely my preference), but these were still very tasty. I would get them again :) Kendra and I had a nice dinner, catching up on our Christmas/New Year's vacations and family stuff. I came home with bags of groceries and picked up the remote to entertain myself while I put away everything. Then I remembered. No TV for me :) At least my first week was a success!

No comments:

Post a Comment