Saturday, April 9, 2011

No. 20, here I come

I love racing!

While I've had a serious love-hate relationship with running, races rock! I love the excitement, the nerves, the crowds, the prizes, the free goodies :)

Having never run before, Eryn and I decided five years ago to train for the Race for the Cure. Right before the mid-September event, we ran our very first race - the Tigard Family Fest 5K. The low-key run ended with all-you-can-eat pancakes. I was hooked!

After tackling the Family Fest and the Race for the Cure 5Ks in Sept. 2006, we stepped it up and both ran the Tilikum 10K in April 2007. We came in last and third-to-last but still considered it a huge accomplishment!

Having reached my goal, I backed off and ran a bunch more fun 5Ks. But this summer, I decided to start entering about a race per month - with the goals of working back up to the Tilikum 10K in April 2011 and then the Disneyland Half-Marathon in September 2011.

Looking back this week at my race resume, I realized that today's Tilikum 10K is my 20th race since I started running 5 years ago! And I have many more planned for this year - I'm so excited :)

Well, I'd better start getting ready to go... my 20th finish line awaits!

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment