Tuesday, April 26, 2011

No-TV Tuesday: speed work

A meeting brought me to work early this morning, so I got to leave a bit early - woohoo! I hit Bi-Mart and then WinCo and headed home to start dinner.

While the potatoes steamed, I planned to do a short speed workout. But when I stepped outside and fired up my Garmin, the battery was dead.

Change of plans.

I threw it on the charger and finished making dinner. We ate and then watched "The Next Three Days" on Netflix while our breakfast burritos settled (YUM!). I was a good caper-type of movie.


I don't normally run in the evenings. Once I eat dinner and sit down, it's all over... no getting up. But I had no choice - I'm training, you know :)

I left just as the sun was setting - it was perfect.

This was my second interval workout:

11-minute warmup @ 9:54-minute miles
2 minutes @ 7:49-minute miles
2 minutes @ 10:51-minute miles
2 minutes @ 7:41
2 minutes @ 10:53
2 minutes @ 7:47
2 minutes @ 11:01
2 minutes @ 7:46
2 minutes @ 10:58
9 minutes @ 9:34

3.87 miles in 36:31 minutes.

It felt great :) Happy No-TV Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment