Monday, April 4, 2011

100!!!!

I've run 100 miles this year - I can hardly believe it!

I usually do spin class Mondays after work, but with my race Saturday and my recent knee soreness, I decided to skip the bike and do a long run instead... just to be on the safe side.

I was less than thrilled to head out into the cold rain again (it's been a VERY March/April here!). But once I got going, I realized that I actually do well in the cool, cloudy drizzle. A true Oregonian... no sun for me :)I was supposed to run 40 minutes, walk 1 minute and then run 20 minutes. I decided to stay near a 10-minute mile and actually settled into a very comfortable pace around 9:53. As I neared the 40-minute mark, I realized that I didn't need a break at all, so I just kept going!
6.25 miles in 61 minutes with no breaks - YIPPEE!!

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment