Saturday, April 2, 2011

A spring in my step

I started off my day with a road trip to West Salem High School to watch the THS winter drumlines compete at the championships. First up was the Cadet group - middle schoolers. They took the bronze medal.
Then the high schoolers. They took silver and People's Choice!
Mom watching her kids perform: (she's the THS Director of Marching Programs!)
Came home and took a nice, long nap with the blinds open. There was sun, clouds, hail and rain!

Did a few chores and them headed out in the sun (but cool - below 50) for a run. In 47 minutes, I saw sun, clouds, wind and rain. Springtime in Oregon!
I had to run 20 minutes, walk 1, run 15, walk 1, run 10. I went nice and slow, keeping it comfortable and right around 10-minute miles. Then I sped it up for the last mile, finishing 4.78 miles at a 9:50-minute average.
I'm super excited about my 10K next weekend! With my new pacing plan, I think I can run really strong and finish with a new PR.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment