Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Gratitude 2/22

Today is Ash Wednesday, the first day of Lent. While many people "give up" something for the 40 days before Easter, I decided to add something to my day.

I really enjoyed November's Thanksgiving countdown when Facebook friends posted every day something for which they were thankful. I was so happy to see the trend spread and kinda sad when it ended.

Then I recently found Run to the Finish, a blog that ends each post with a "Gratitude Journal". Super cool!

So for Lent, I'm going to post a daily gratitude journal of my own so I can really focus on the blessings in my life.

I am grateful for spin class.
I am grateful for hot chocolate.
I am grateful for Linus.
I am grateful for Danielle.

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows" James 1:17 NIV

No comments:

Post a Comment