Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Wired

Ever have a fluttery sensation in your chest? Like you heart just did a little spasm?

I get those every once in a while.

But about a month ago, I started noticing them frequently. I assume it's nothing, but I thought it would be foolish not to get checked out. I work my heart hard, and I don't want it to explode while I'm running or something :)

So yesterday I went to Meridian Park Hospital before dawn and got wired with a 24-hour heart monitor.
Unless they catch the flutter and see what it's doing, they won't know what's up. So I got to wear this thing all day and all night. Including at spin class... I hope I get to see what my heart does in there - that's a serious workout!
(Please pardon my blinding-white stomach!)

Fortunately, it's not uncomfortable and the wires are only mildly annoying. And I slept just fine!


I get to take it off before work this morning, but it apparently takes a couple weeks to interpret the results.

Another of life's exciting adventures...
I'll let you know if they decide I'm dying or something :)

No comments:

Post a Comment