Saturday, February 4, 2012

Too soon

It's really warm outside!

It's in the upper 50s, and the hot sun is beating down. I took off my jacket just a mile into my run. But the east wind is blowing hard, reminding us that it's not yet summer.
I went out yesterday for a short but fast 2-mile run. I ended up doing an 8:14-minute-mile pace... much faster than I usually go.

I figured with just 2 miles yesterday, I'd have no trouble doing my 5 miles today. Well... I should have waited until tomorrow. My legs were tired!

Brad had to do 10 miles and did the first few with me before I turned around and headed home. We went to Cook and Tualatin parks and did my first half at a 9:03. A bit too fast for my tired quad and hammies.

I slowed it down on the way back and even took a short walk break as I was going up hill and into the strong wind.
I finished 5 miles in 47:13 - a 9:26 average.

I'm going to shower and get ready for date night! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment