Friday, February 17, 2012

Taper Thursday: facials and pedis

While Thursday has become my day to do speedwork, this week's tempo turned into a taper.

Last week I blew out my muscles pretty good with two tough spin classes and a 5K PR. I had to dig deep on my long weekend run, a 9 miler.

I'm hoping to PR at Sunday's Heart Breaker 10K, and that means I need fresh legs.

My friend Connie put us through two hard spin classes again this week (She thinks she has to keep making it tougher since we're all getting in better shape. Great!) So no speedwork for me.
Instead, I did some chores around the house, watched TV in front of a nice fire and took two calls from surveyors - one on state and national politics and one from the Oregon Department of Transportation .

And had a spa night with Brad!

He got it in his head that his pores were enlarging. So he researched and bought a face mask (he let me use some, too):
Then we had pedis.
Santa brought him orange for Christmas:
That's not too weird, right?

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment