Friday, April 26, 2013

No. 21

Much of this week was spent just like this:
The weather was beautiful, and I was in the middle of a great book.

No. 21 was In the Woods by Tana French:
It's set in Ireland like the last couple I read, but it was much less "Irish". As in, I didn't have to think really hard to figure out what all the funny sayings were. Or maybe I'm just getting used to it?!

It's a murder mystery written in first person by one of the detectives. He's involved in a personal mystery as well, and the intertwining of the story lines is great. I was on the edge of my seat.

This was not a young-reader novel and read a bit slower than the previous two from the library's St. Patricks Day display. And French is really wordy in her writing, using lots of very long sentences full of parentheticals and asides. Sometimes I'd have to read a sentence twice to know what she was saying. But I loved the style, which was almost stream of consciousness.

I've already started the next one in the series :)

No comments:

Post a Comment