Thursday, April 11, 2013

No arm twisting necessary


It didn't take any arm twisting to convince me to sign up for Saturday's Camellia Festival Fun Run 5K in Newberg.

Theresa e-mailed last night to say that she was thinking of signing up (I think it's her first 5k!). She asked if I would run with her. The clincher was when she wrote, "I know it's totally last minute but I did check your running schedule and see that you don't have a conflicting event ;) Haha."

OK! I'll do it :)

The reason I don't have a conflicting event is because I'm running a half marathon Sunday. Ha! BUT, my training calls for 16 miles, so I was going to tack on an extra 3 miles anyway. That 5K (3.1 miles) will do just fine.

I think Brad's going to spectate this one and snap some pictures for us. Can't wait!

Any other Newberg-area friends want to join us? We'll be going nice and slow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment