Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Bring on summer!

I am officially on summer break!!! (Though I just got an e-mail from my boss that they need me to come back in and mine some data for them! Ugh)

Brad took me out last night to celebrate. Native Foods for dinner:
Then 22 Jump Street:
It was a stupid, juvenile movie - just what we were looking for to kick off summer :)

This morning, I got up early with Brad, made his lunch and then went back to sleep for a bit. After I finally dragged my butt out of bed, I did a 4-mile recovery run. It was cloudy but super muggy so I took it nice and slow.

I wore my new Hokas, which I got on clearance at REI for just $45!
I met Lindsey for a late lunch at Night Light Lounge at Southeast 21st and Clinton.
I had the veggie burger with broccoli-cheese soup, and we split some fries. Very good food!

Lindsey treated for my birthday, so we had to end the meal across the street at Fifty Licks ice cream. She had the salted honey caramel and I had the chocolate brown butter. WOW! 
Thanks for the great date, Lindsey! You know how I love to stretch out my birthday :)

I bought a half flat of berries and cherries at the Parson farm stand and made some raspberry/blackberry freezer jam. 
Actually, I reached for the 1.5 cups of sugar and found the container empty! So I will be finishing that tomorrow.

What a perfect start to summer break :)

No comments:

Post a Comment