Monday, October 4, 2010

Cool, misty run

Brad, Eryn, Michael and I signed up for the Oct. 24 Run Like Hell! 5K race in Portland. With the Beginning Runner's Handbook, we've been helping Michael jump start his running career. We worked out last night at the GFU track in near-perfect running conditions: cool and a little misty.

Now Michael is nearly a foot taller than me. Since we were doing a run-1-minute, walk-2-minutes routine, I decided to sprint the runs and keep up with his long strides. It ended up being a really good workout, pushing me to up my speed. And I was thankful for the walking breaks between each sprint.

We stretched well after, enjoying the mist and the darkness. I feel great today, though I'm sure my muscles will be a bit tired for my afternoon spin class.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment