Friday, October 29, 2010

Muffin Wednesday: Rich Biscuit-Style

After having the stomach flu for four days, I decided not to make muffins on my first day back to work - for everyone's sake. So this week we have Muffin Friday!!
And since it's Halloween, Kaytee and I added some orange food coloring
and sprinkles
to make them festive!
Rich Biscuit-Style Muffins

Preheat oven to 400 degrees

2 c flour
2 1/2 t baking powder
2 T sugar
1/2 t salt
1/2 c shortening
1 egg, beaten
3/4 c milk

1. In a bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, sugar and salt. Use a pastry blender to cut in the shortening.

2. In another bowl, combine egg and milk. Add to dry ingredients and stir until moistened. Spoon batter into prepared muffin tin. Bake for 20 minutes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I doubled this recipe and it made 24 muffins. I thought they were very good, but I really love a hot-from-the-oven biscuit. Sometimes I mix up just enough Bisquick for one or two just for a snack :)

My CE2 friends tried out our experiment, but I don't think they really liked it. They were probably expecting something more sweet and exciting.

I would make these again if I wanted biscuits shaped like muffins :)

No comments:

Post a Comment