Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Muffin Wednesday: Pineapple Oatmeal

I took advantage of a morning senior meeting and made muffins while CE2ers were learning about caps and gowns and other fun graduation stuff.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

1 can (8 0z) crushed pineapple
1 c sour cream
1 egg
1/4 c butter, melted
1 1/2 c flour
1 c oats
1/2 c sugar
1 T baking powder
1 t cinnamon
1/2 t nutmeg
1/2 t salt
1 c raisins (optional)

1. In a large bowl, combine pineapple, sour cream, egg and butter. Blend well.

2. In another bowl, combine flour, oats, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and raisins. Add to pineapple mixture and stir just until moist.

3. Spoon batter into prepared muffin tin. Bake 30-35 minutes.

~~~~~~~
The recipe said it makes 12 muffins, so I doubled it to make sure all the hungry CE2 mouths would be fed. I filled 24 cups and still had enough for another 12! So on the last batch I added some dried cranberries to see if it was better with or without.
These babies turned out very moist and sweet. Most who tried both thought the with-cranberries were best.
Overheard in CE2:

"These are REALLY good"
"I don't usually like pineapple but I like these"
"Can I have another??"
"THANK YOU, Liz!!"
"Wednesday is my favorite day"

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment