Sunday, May 22, 2011

Another PDR!!

One great thing about being a 5K runner training to be a half marathoner is that I set a lot of personal distance records, significantly increasing my distance every two weeks or so.
My program called for running 15 minutes and walking 1 minute until I reached 8 miles. And I did it!!!! (My previous PDR was 7 miles on May 1.)

I kept it slow, going between 10- and 10:30-minute miles. It felt great. I sped up as the miles passed and finished in 1:25:16, including all my walk breaks and cool down. My overall average was 10:31 - and I'm super happy with that!
Brad ran the first half with me through Cook and Tualatin parks. Then we parted ways and I wove through neighborhoods near our house. And I passed my sis, who was out on her weekend run, too.

I felt strong the entire time and could have kept going. WOOHOO!!!!

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment