Thursday, May 12, 2011

Muffin Wednesday: Banana PB Oatmeal

I had a couple brown bananas and some peanut butter in the bottom of a jar. After a quick Internet search, I decided to turn them into Banana Peanut Butter Oatmeal Muffins from Eat Me Delicious.

I'm feeling much better today, so I turned Thursday into Muffin Wednesday! There were no complaints from my students and co-workers :)

1 1/2 c whole wheat flour (I used all-purpose because that's what we have in CE2)
1 c old-fashioned rolled oats
1 t baking powder
1/2 t baking soda
1/2 t salt
2 T vegetable oil
1/2 c brown sugar (I was a little short and topped it off with granulated)
2 eggs
3/4 c mashed banana
1/2 c peanut butter
1 c buttermilk (I made sour milk)

Preheat oven to 375F. Lightly grease a 12-cup muffin tin.

In a large bowl, whisk together flour, oatmeal, baking powder, baking soda and salt.

In a medium bowl, whisk together vegetable oil, brown sugar, eggs, mashed banana, peanut butter and buttermilk until very smooth. Pour into the flour mixture and stir until no streaks of flour remain.

Divide batter evenly into prepared muffin tin, filling each to the top. Bake for 15-20 minutes.

~~~~~~~~
I doubled the recipe and made 24 muffins. These were much better than I expected. They were very moist, and the peanut butter and banana flavors were subtle.

Everyone liked then, and Matt said they were "a 10"! Give it a try :)

No comments:

Post a Comment