Sunday, May 1, 2011

Bells, firefighter pancakes and a PDR

My Sunday morning started with music at church. It was our week to play handbells at NFC, so we arrived early for one last rehearsal.


Sunlight shone through the stained-glass windows:


I always play shoeless, and you can tell it's a nice day because my bare toes made their seasonal debut :)


Between services, we walked next door to the firefighter pancake feed:

Oh yeah!

Brad was playing all weekend in the snow on Hood and got home in the evening. I still had to go out for a long run, so we went together.


I was aiming for at least 6.5 miles... and I got 7! The longest I've ever run before was 6.25. New PDR (personal distance record) for me!!!! :)


Because I hiked yesterday with Dad, my legs were a bit tired. So I took it nice and slow and did great. And since I almost always run alone, it was fun to have Brad along! He was very tired from the snow weekend, so he also needed a slow run. Glad I could help him out.

:)

4 comments:

  1. That's a lovely picture of Brad! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah... He was pretty delirious :)

    How was YOUR run today?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two things: Love the pictures of the bells! Nice work! And great work on the long distance run!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Gregg! :) :) Good job on your run, too!!!!!

    ReplyDelete