Saturday, May 7, 2011

Busy weekend ahead

Lots of good stuff planned for this weekend.

First up: REI return sale. Hoping to score some good bargains - and since we still have dividend money, it's basically all free! (Brad would disagree with my fuzzy math, but it works for me)

Then we're going to the Hippie Chick race expo to pick up my bib for tomorrow's quarter-marathon.
I've been fighting some strange bug since Tuesday, and I'm not sure what the race will look like. I resisted the fabulous weather and didn't run all week. Then I tried a short 2.5 miles yesterday after work and it was seriously painful. So while my goal had been to come in under 60 minutes (6.55 miles), now my goal is just to run the entire course... without dying ;)

After the expo, we're taking a picnic lunch to Vancouver to celebrate Mothers' Day with Brad's family. Since it's supposed to keep raining, I think we'll eat at his folks' house and then go out for a walk.

Sunday will be full with the race and then lunch with Brad's grandma. If I'm still alive after all that, we'll have dinner with my mom and grandma.

OK - I'd better get going :)

2 comments:

  1. Elaine's running the half marathon tomorrow with some others from church, like Cara Copeland and Marta Sears. I think Tamara Brand and Jill Beals are running the 10K with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Brad is going to be there taking photos... I'll tell him to watch for them :) :)

    ReplyDelete