Friday, July 15, 2011

Time for new shoes

When we went in November to get fitted for new running shoes and insoles, I decided to keep running on my current Saucony Rides, which had very little wear. Meantime, I collected a couple pair of Saucony Guides on sweet clearance sales. They are basically the same shoe with a bit more stability in the Guides.

Now that I have more than 250 miles on my Rides, I decided it's time to try out a new pair and see how they feel. All shiny and white! Because I did such a short, crappy run Tuesday, I switched my workouts and did the longer run Thursday.Run 20 minutes, walk 1 minute, run 20 minutes. It felt pretty good, though my calves and right shin were hurting a bit from doing stadiums with a pack Wednesday evening. I managed 4.21 miles in 41:05 minutes - a 9:46 average.

Unfortunately, I immediately felt a strange spot when I laced up my new shoes. There's a funny seam on the inside of my left foot. I think it's just a problem with this specific shoe, rather than a problem with the Guides in general. I felt it during the run and ended up with this little blister: I need to look at it closer and see if I can do anything about it. Otherwise, I guess I'll try the other pair I have stashed away in the closet. Frustrating, but certainly not the end of the world

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment