Wednesday, July 27, 2011

I had to do it!

After my race Sunday, I had to get a 13.1 sticker for my car. Yeah... I earned that... and I want everyone to know that I ran a half marathon!!! :)
Sunday's race was spur of the moment and not the half marathon for which I've been training so hard. The Disneyland Half is not for another month, so there's no time to slack off.

I took two days off but had to get back in my running shoes today. I set out for an easy 20 minutes. But everything felt pretty good so I ran faster than I had planned. I also ran a little farther.
2.79 miles in 25:17 minutes - a 9:04 average. My legs felt fine but I was just tired (imagine that?!?!) It felt good, but I'm glad it wasn't any longer.
I plan to spend the next few weeks doing some speed work to help get my pace down for my Disney half.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment