Monday, July 4, 2011

Hot, patriotic run

After a week of mountain climbing and hiking, it was time to get back to running. I'd rather be playing in the woods, but I have a half-marathon to train for!!

I planned to get up early today and beat the holiday heat, but my guilty pleasure (Law & Order: SUV) came on and I had to watch the whole hour-long episode. Opportunity costs, my mother-the-economist would say :)
The sun was already high in the sky when Brad and I hit the pavement. Fortunately, we only had to put in 30 minutes.
This was really a recovery workout for me, so I took it slow. My legs are TIRED from the past week's adventures (climbing TWO mountains!). Even slight uphills really pulled on my knees and stiff muscles.

We did 3.05 miles in 30:02 minutes - a 9:50 average. Good enough for today.

I stretched and now I'm icing, hoping to help those legs loosen up quickly.

So what's on tap for the rest of our holiday?? Brad's currently packing for his upcoming Mount Rainier climb! I think I'll do some gardening and maybe some reading. Then it's two-for-one Qdoba for dinner... YUMMO!

I hope you have a wonderful holiday with your family and friends! HAPPY 4th of July!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment