Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Weekly Wednesday: oink

Today's Weekly Wednesday plan started with lunch at the food cart pod at Southeast 50th and Division, where we celebrated Lindsey's 30th birthday in February. Mom hadn't experienced the food-cart phenomenon, so we thought it would be fun.

The pod officially opened at 10 a.m., but most carts didn't open until noon. We arrived about 11 a.m. and checked it all out before walking next door to the thrift store to kill some time. Eryn found a couple really cute $7 dresses... but didn't buy them.
I was getting really hungry, so I walked across the street to another mini pod and bought some coconut rice pudding to share. The coolness was nice on the hot, sunny morning.
We headed back over to A La Carts, but Eryn got distracted by the extensive veggie menu at Los Gorditos on the way.
She picked out a HUGE burrito:
I grabbed a fish taco:
Back at the pod, Mom ordered a Messy Bessy at Off the Griddle:
AND cheese and bread at fon due it:
I wanted to try a veggie sausage (and, of course, give some money to "We Be Weiners"!), so I ordered up a Vespa:
It came with day-glow relish. Scary.
We sat under the canopy and passed around our eats while trying not to bake in the heat. My brain did get a little fried, though... I forgot to take any pictures of Mom or me!

The food was great - we liked all of it! And I ate so much that I might just eat fruit and spinach for dinner tonight.

We had planned to see a movie after eating, but the times didn't line up. So we went home to nap instead :)

No comments:

Post a Comment