Monday, October 10, 2011

Chocolate-covered brownie balls

One of my favorite bloggers had these chocolate-covered brownie balls on her Web site. They were easy and looked amazing, so I had to try them out.
Ingredients:

  • 1 box brownie mix, prepared per package directions
  • 1 bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
  • 1/3 c peanut butter (or any kind of nut butter)

Directions:

  • Preheat the oven and prepare brownies according to directions. EXCEPT, remove the pan about 10 minutes early, or just when they are starting to firm up but aren't crispy on the edges yet.
  • Allow brownies to cool completely.
  • Crumble cooled brownies into large bowl, add in the peanut butter and mix.
  • Form tablespoon-sized balls of brownie (I used my small cookie scoop). Side aside.
  • Meanwhile, melt the chocolate with a double boiler or in the microwave.
  • Drop balls into chocolate and use two forks to thoroughly coat. Place on a plate and allow to cool.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SO good! The peanut butter was very subtle, so I think I would up it a bit next time. Or maybe skip it and melt some mint chips in with the chocolate chips. Lots of possibilities.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment