Sunday, October 9, 2011

400!!

Check out my total mileage ---------------->

400 miles this year!! And most have been since February when I started my half-marathon training. (
200, 100, 300)

I have a serious love-hate relationship with running. But yesterday, I loved it.

We were at Hillsboro Stadium for a marching band competition, and Eryn and I decided to squeeze in a run. The big tech companies have nice sidewalks, and there's a beautiful park about a mile from the stadium. And the weather was perfect!

Eryn's training called for running 10 minutes and walking 1 minute, five times. We ended up running 5 miles in just under an hour - an 11:23 average. Then I ran the rest of the way back, doing 5.45 miles in exactly 1 hour - an 11:05 average.
It felt so good - nice and easy, and Eryn killed it! She's back in the running game and prepping to run a 10K with me on Thanksgiving.
And the little sis brought us cold chocolate milk to refuel after our outing... nice!!
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment