Thursday, October 13, 2011

Track Thursday and hot chocolate

In an attempt to speed up for my upcoming 10K races, I hit the track after work today. It was dry all day... until just before I changed for my workout. I don't mind getting wet, but it would have been really nice to have a hat to keep my glasses clear. Oh well... I'm tough.
I used this as my track workout guide. It looked like as good a plan as any:

Four 400's (one lap around the track) as fast as I could with a half-lap recovery in between. She jogged her half laps but I walked mine.
  • 2 warm-up laps (~0.5 mile)
  • 400 meters fast
  • half-lap walk
  • 400 meters fast
  • half-lap walk
  • 400 meters fast
  • half-lap walk
  • 400 meters fast
  • half-lap walk
  • 4 cool-down laps (~1 mile)

Total distance: 3 miles in 29:18 minutes

It was really tough, but I'm SO happy with my intervals:

Lap #1 - 6:42 pace
Lap #2 - 6:36 pace
Lap #3 - 6:33 pace
Lap #4 - 6:50 pace

Not bad for a first try. I'll give it a go again next week.

Now I'm icing my knee and enjoying a nice recovery drink of chocolate milk... heated with some mint marshmallows!On a totally unrelated note... I spotted my first egg nog of the season yesterday at Haggen. WOOHOO!Can you believe it's almost that time???? I might have to pull out this amazing muffin recipe soon.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment