Sunday, October 30, 2011

Band and a run

We finished up the 2011 fall marching band season Saturday with championships at Hillsboro Stadium. Despite the very cold, foggy start to the day, Tigard did great, scoring 77.55 in prelims and taking second place in our division... and earning a place in the evening finals performance!

Then it was time for our annual pit crew breakfast at IHOP.
All-you-can-eat pancakes. Nice!
Thanks to my wonderful crew: Robert, Scott, Luann, Ricardo, Greg, Eryn, Lynn, Donna, Dave, Mark, Kati (left to right). I always knew I could count on them - and that makes my job SO much easier :)
Then Eryn and I went for a run around the stadium. By then, the sun was out and it was perfectly cool and beautiful with all the turning leaves.

Eryn set a goal to run under 11-minute miles... and we finished (run 10 minutes, walk 1 minute - four times) at a 10:54 average! YIPPEE!
We did 4.05 miles together, then I did another couple for a total of 6.2. I sped it up for the last 2 and ended at a 10:14 average overall.

THS did amazing at their evening performance, leaving it all on the field. We're so proud of them!

Until next year....
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment