Wednesday, December 7, 2011

TMI?

I try not to get too TMI here. I don't go into details of my sex life, my irritable bowel symptoms or my lady troubles. So this one's a little out of the ordinary. But bear with me.

If you don't have interest in lady parts and monthly cycles, feel free to stop reading now. But if you do, keep going. This is a potential life changer... or at least a routine changer.

Earlier this year, one of my very favorite bloggers (Caitlin of Healthy Tipping Point) posted "Green Your Period" - all about the environmental and health implications of tampons and other hygiene products. It's something I'd thought about before but didn't do anything about.

She explained and promoted the Diva Cup, which had previously caught my eye at REI.

The environmental and health stats cited, along with the hundreds(!!) of positive comments and testimonials left by other readers, prompted me to bite the bullet and give it a try.

I figured all those other women saying things like "I’ve used diva for 8 years and there is NO turning back!!" can't be wrong. And I have to say, there's no going back for me either.

I won't go into all the details since Caitlin has already laid it out so well. But I thought that since her post had such an effect on me, I had to share with my lady friends :)

Click HERE to read Caitlin's post for yourself :)

No comments:

Post a Comment