Saturday, December 24, 2011

Junk miles with Santa

In the distance-running world, you hear a lot about junk miles, defined as short, easy runs that serve no purpose in your training. Not worth the trouble. But there's also a lot of debate, with many people finding value in all runs - short, long, hard and easy.I ran some junk miles today: 3 miles at a moderate pace. The only real purpose was to get closer to my 500-mile goal (just 6.88 to go!!!!!!)... and to wear my Santa socks and hat in public :)
But I believe that any run is worth doing - even a couple miles. Just getting out, fresh air, sunlight, blood flowing, lungs working.
LinkI'm glad I got out and did it.

Now it's time to get ready for a celebration with Brad's family and then three candlelight Christmas Eve services at church. Come see my handbell choir!!

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment