Saturday, June 16, 2012

Hot run, plus a bit more birthday

My good friends at Qdoba sent me a buy-one-get-one coupon for my birthday, so that was dinner Thursday.
Naked grilled veggie burrito = yummo!
Then Friday, we used part of a birthday gift card for dinner at Native Foods. We both had the special, the Dagwood sandwich and garlic fries for Father's Day. Brad loved his but I didn't really care for mine. Oh well - you win some, you lose some :)
With the summer-like weather, we sat outside and enjoyed the sunny patio.

I realized that my 4.83-mile run last week with Sarah was the most mileage I've done since my half on May 20. I've done lots of shorter jaunts, but nothing long. So this morning I set out to a longer run.

It's crazy sunny/hot/humid out there! I thought I might die a little. But I didn't.
I didn't have a distance in mind. I wanted to walk, but I made myself run to a certain point in King City when the road started uphill. That was 4.5 miles. Then I walked .66 miles in as much shade as I could find, while drinking some water and eating a gel.

When I reached Durham Road/Highway 99, I ran the rest of the way home, another 3.14 miles. In all, 8.3 miles in 1:24:02, a 10:14 average. 
My first 4.5 was a 9:43 average and my last 3.14 was a 9:42. Negative splits, baby!

Brad was also out, running a different distance and a different route. But we finished at the same time and enjoyed a cool down on our beautiful deck. (But he wouldn't let me take his pic!)
We have an action-packed weekend. Now off to adventure #2: a hike with the father-in-law!

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment