Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Legal again

I am once again a legal driver - thanks to my dad.

My license expired last week on my birthday, but since I'd recently applied for a passport, I didn't have the proper documentation to prove my citizenship (there are all kinds of new rules now in the name of "immigration reform"). So just to be safe, I rode my bike and bummed rides for a couple days.

Thankfully, my passport arrived by mail and my dad drove me to the DMV after work.
I forgot that they only take cash, so I had to bum $40 off Dad. And then he helped me fill out the paperwork. And then he helped me correctly answer the questions at the window. I felt like I was 16 again :)

Strangely, they told me to take off my glasses for the picture. Must be part of the new rules, I guess.
Armed with my brand-new (temporary) license, Dad tossed me the keys and let me drive home! Sweet :)

Thanks, Dad :)

1 comment:

  1. This is my kind of post. Pictures, a short situation story, a happy ending. Makes me happy. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete