Monday, October 29, 2012

Perfect weekend

I don't mean to brag, but I had a sweet weekend!
It started with a soggy trail run during some time off Friday, then the annual pink-out football game at THS. Eryn came over to watch Grimm with us. I think I got her hooked during our road trip to Eugene last week.
Saturday was a super-fun 5K race with Dad and Eryn, followed by an award-winning performance by the THS marching band. And Brad joined the rest of the family for the band-competition festivities, including Mexican lunch.
Sunday was a powerful message from Pastor Gregg and then yummy lunch at Friendsview with family. So glad to have Aunt Louise out here now (Uncle Dick's right behind her with the U-Haul)!

The rest of the rainy day was filled with a nap and a few chores. Oh, and then we watched my SF Giants sweep the Tigers in the World Series!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brad and I put in a fire (totally stupid since it was 60+ degrees outside!) and carved pumpkins while we watched the game.
Brad, who despises baseball, actually watched much of the series with me - and seemed to kinda like it! He learned some of the players, and I caught him cheering last night when Ryan Theriot scored the go-ahead run with that magnificent slide into home ;)

I hope your weekend was good, too :)

PS - We visited Comerica Park, home of the Detroit Tigers, while on our summer baseball tour. I brought my Mariners and Giants gear on the trip and happened to wear my SF shirt to that game. GO GIANTS!

I'm sure that means something, right?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment