Tuesday, October 30, 2012

No-TV Tuesday: visit with a senator

It's baaaack!

After a four-month hiatus, No-TV Tuesday has returned. I need to return to my old habits, which include showing you crappy pictures of all the exciting things I do every Tuesday while not watching TV ;)

First excitement: Sen. Ron Wyden spoke at my school!

When in D.C. last summer, Mom stopped by the senator's office to ask if he'd be willing to come talk to her senior economics class. And he agreed! So today, Wyden held a town-hall meeting with the econ and government classes. Some other seniors, including my CE2 students, were also invited to attend.
Pretty impressive to have one of the most powerful men in Congress in our cafeteria!

I almost stole his fancy leather folder with the U.S. Senate seal :)
Next excitement: Brad learned that his foot is not broken! YAY!
A lot of pain but no break. Hopefully a few days of rest is all he needs.
After work, Lindsey joined me for some stadiums. We used to work out together all the time. I miss that!
For dinner, I tried this vegan pizza recipe from No Meat Athlete. It was really good! Even Lindsey, the Texan meat eater, liked it. I'd make it again.
Then I whipped up some orange cookies and some blue banana bread for my class:
 Eryn stopped by, and Brad hooked us up with costumes for work tomorrow.
 And with that, I think I will hit the sack :)

No comments:

Post a Comment